I was born in San José, Costa Rica, where I studied Classical Guitar and Music Composition at the University of Costa Rica. I've been living in the Netherlands since 2006. I completed my composition studies at The Royal Conservatory in The Hague, I also followed the master’s degree Cultural Economics and Cultural Entrepreneurship at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam where I graduated Cum Laude.
Since my graduation I have been making music for games and other media, I started Music Vortex in 2012 and since then I have worked on several indie games. Aside from making music for games I also write concert music that ranges from solo works to orchestral music, you can find samples of it on my projects page.
My concert works have received several recognitions and awards, including:
- Winner of The International Timo Korhonen Composition Competition (2016).
- Third prize at the Nilufer International Classical Guitar Competition in Turkey (2015)
- Honorable Mention at the Boston Guitarfest Composition Competition, USA (2013)
- Winner of the 4th Calefax Reed Quintet composition competition 2011, the Netherlands (2011)
- Winner of the “Vrienden van het lied” composition competition, the Netherlands (2011)
- Finalist at the "International Music Prize for Excellence in Composition", USA/Greece (2011)
- Second prize at the Boston Guitarfest Composition Competition, USA (2009)